Friday, January 13, 2012

adidas adizero FEATHER

My Christmas gift from lovely Michelle  : )

adidas mean it when they call it FEATHER. 190g!! It is that light! Yes, very light compared to all the other running shoes I had.

Tried it in malakoff 12km run last December, although I was not in the race. Being brand new, I broke into it first time. Light...very light.
However, it felt kinda hard upon landing. Must be the hard plastic sprint frame, designed for foot lift off.

This writeup pretty much sums it all...
http://www.runningtechniquetips.com/2011/10/adidas-adizero-feather-review/

Did 17km with it. Started my run 15min before the runners. Up down the Damansara hills, only kept up a short distance along Amelia and Sheela, super fast women open champion and 2nd position. Could only followed their pace for 2-3km. When they hit the hills, I got smoked. As for the Kenyan men open champion, his pace was incredible. I followed 100m and that was it. His pace is my 400m track record!

With my feet sweating like nobody's business all the time, I got blisters on both feet after this maiden FEATHER run. Right foot got it worse. Could feel blister forming only 30min into the run. Maybe the thick socks were not too foot friendly. And my blister pro feet!

On Christmas eve, a hill run organised by the youth and sports ministry took place in Jelebu, about 1hr drive from KL.
Used my FEATHER. Up hill, anything light is welcomed. hahaha!
The race was 12km with half of it going uphill. Those under 18years will be on a 6km route from a different start location.

Open category was dominated by the army boys. Once flagged off, a big bunch of them conquered the road. Kenyans were there and they were under International category. Phew! Otherwise, locals will be eating dust.
Participants were flagged off in waves of 5min gaps. Veteran, women, men, international.


The Kenyans were flagged off last. They caught up and overtook me around km6, just before the hills.

My km split timing. No consistency in pace, only consistency in slowing down. Hahahahaha!
km1 3:51
km2 4:02
km3 4:13
km4 4:34
km5 4:31
km6 4:42
km7 4:46
km8 5:44
km9 5:59
km10 6:06
km11 6:26
km12 5:30

I caught up with Michelle & Jesicca around km10. Both were steadily pacing each other. Real race at the final km for them.

My last km, though lungs busted and legs loaded with lactate, I increased pace to keep my time under 1hr. Reached finsh line truly out of breath. Saw my watch 1:00:29.....ggggrrrr!!  29seconds too slow!

Average pace 5:02min per km on the 12km route with 6km hill climb.

Surprise for me was prizes for top20 and I finished 18th! Yipee!!

A Christmas gift! Praise the Lord!

Michelle finished 3rd. Wow!!!!!!


A wonderful Christmas gift for us. : )

1 comment:

LEo said...

I did also get blisters using Adizero Feather... :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...