Monday, February 28, 2011

Don't mess with grandma

GRANDMA IN COURT...!

Lawyers should never ask grandmas a question if
they aren’t prepared or the answer!

In a trial, a small-town
prosecuting attorney called
his first witness, an elderly grandmother to the stand.
He approached her and asked; "Mrs. Jones, do you know
me?"

She responded, "Why
, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams.
I've known you since you were a young boy, and frankly,
you're a big disappointment to me.. You lie, cheat on
your wife, manipulate people and talk about them
behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when
you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount
to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes,
I know you.."

The lawyer
was stunned! Not knowing what else to do,
he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Jones,
do you know the defense attorney (the opponent's
lawyer)?"

She again
replied, "Why, yes, I do. I've known
Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster. He's lazy,
bigoted, and has a drinking problem. He can't build a
normal relationship with anyone and his law practice
is one of the worst in the state. Not to mention he
cheated on his wife with three different women. One of
them was your wife. ..
Yes I know him."

The defense attorney almost died.


The judge asked both lawyers to approach the bench

and in a quiet voice said: "If either of you rascals asks
her if she knows me, I'll send you to jail for contempt
of court !!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...