Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wounds That Heal

Last month, my colleague lost her mother due to an infection after going through surgery from an accident.
Three days ago, my friend lost her colleague who was a victim of a hit & run.

It is tragic as both passed away so unexpectedly. Their families & loved ones are shocked and saddened. They need much comfort to go through these difficult times. This is the time where we tried to comfort them by sharing their sorrows.


Today I read Our Daily Bread and this is what I came accross...

Wounds That Heal
Years ago I went through a time of painful emotional loss. A missionary friend who had experienced a similar situation comforted me and then offered these words: “In the future, Christ can use your emotional wounds to help heal others.” Later, on a trip to visit a missionary training school, I lodged in a place where I saw a portrait of Jesus’ nail-pierced hands. Below it, on a music stand, was the sheet music “He Touched Me.”

Rarely have I experienced a string of circumstances that spoke so vividly to my situation. In His gracious providence, God used them to comfort and direct me. It became clear that healing flows from the wounded hands of Jesus and that our wounds can help others.

In hindsight, I have learned how God’s comfort in suffering can build bridges to those in pain. Paul made this point clear: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God” (2 Cor. 1:3-4).

Are you bringing your emotional pain to God? His spiritual healing can help you to provide comfort to others, just as through Christ my friend comforted me. —Dennis Fisher


Oh, give Thine own sweet rest to me
That I may speak with soothing power
A word in season, as from Thee,
To everyone in needful hour.
—Havergal

Christ was broken for us to comfort the broken among us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...